Banana and Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups
I have another baked oatmeal cup recipe for you. My plan was to share this later in the week but I keep getting LOTS of emails asking for the recipe so your wish is my command. I will share this recipe today.
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana, 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Crack the 2 eggs into another medium bowl. Whisk together with the maple syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla extract till the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
- Slowly stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray then divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffins tins. Press the mixture down with a spoon so all the oats are covered in liquid.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a little pure maple syrup.
Make ahead instructions
Bake oatmeal cups completely and let cool. Then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap, place in a freezer bag, and freeze. Warm up in the microwave. First, remove plastic wrap. Then place on a microwave safe dish and heat up for 2 minutes on high. Put a coffee mug of water in while it heats up. This keeps it from drying out.
Serving size: 1 baked oatmeal cup Calories: 202 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 25 WW Points +: 6 Fiber: 1 Protein: 4
Source : organizeyourselfskinny.com